Butt splicing tape No.204B is a single-sided repulpable splicing tape, with a liner consisting of a flat-back paper and a modified water soluble acrylic adhesive.
The patented calcium resistant adhesive for a maximised life time of permanent splices on papers containing calcium carbonate (CaCO3).
Butt-splicing tape with liner is suitable for automatic core starters, slitters, rewinders, sheeters, rereelers and winders.
- Thin but strong backing to allow a low total splice thickness
- Printable and coatable backing for easy further processing
- Very high shear strength
- Very high heat resistance
- Very good adhesion values is certified by independent laboratories for:
- Repulpability according to TAPPI UM-213 over full pH-range (pH3 – pH9)
- Resistance against calcium carbonate (CaCO3) according to PTS 302/13
- Highly visible bluecolor allows for easy splice detection and roll edge visibility
- Manual permanent butt-splicing
- Use in automatic butt-splice applicators
- Suggested for roll finishing, core starting
- No.204Bbonds well with the following paper grades: Coated Specialty, Carbonless, Uncoated, Publishing Text, Heavy Sized, Linerboard, Newsprint, Rotogravure, Offset
- Total thickness 110 µm (4.3mils)
- Backing material flat paper
- Type of adhesive repulpable tackified acrylic
- Type of liner repulpable siliconised paper
PROPERTIES / PERFORMANCE:
- Thickness: 110um
- Adhesion: 900g/25mmover
- Ball Tack: No.10 over
- Holding power: 180 sec over