Repulpable tape adhesive is water soluble modified Acrylic adhesive.
Tape’s backing is a repulpable paper carrier.
Repulpable means that above materials can be recycled.
Tape provides low splicing thickness and high heat resistance up to 200 °C.
The tapes include single side tape and double-sided tape. Can be used for splicing in paper production and usage of paper rolls.
Tape used at paper mills, newspapers, web printers to join 2 rolls of paper to increase the length or provide continuity of substrate. So the Tape also named Splice Tapes or Repulpable Splicing Tapes.
Single-side Repulpable Tape
Double-side Repulpable Tape
Flying splice Repulpable Tape
According to TAPPI Standard Test Methods of Repulpability & Recyclability.
– Blender(Max. 3,000rpm, capacity : 1,500ml, 4 blades)
– Beaker with 500ml
– Sieve(120㎛, Ø200mm)
– Filter paper with Ø200mm
– Room temperature water
– Stop watch
– 70-80g/㎡ wood free printing paper
1. Making the specimens
Attach the water soluble tape on the wood free printing paper
Cut to 1cm x 1cm for total 3-3.3g weight
2. Put the specimens into blender with 500ml of room temperature (23-25℃) tap water.
3. After 5 minutes, run blender for 1 minutes and stop the blending for 30seconds
Repeat above blending 4 times.
4. Pour the water with blended specimens into a sieve.
5. Remove the water from sieve by vacuum pump.
6. Check the blended specimens by visual checking
7. Separate the blended specimen from sieve and put between the filter paper
8. Drying process the blended specimens between filter paper
9. Separate the specimens (handsheet) from filter paper.
10. If the hansheet separate well from filter paper, water solubility is O.K,
If not, solubility is poor
11. After separation the handsheet from filter paper, check residual by visual checking.
Repulpable, single-sided splicing tape
Water soluble adhesive single side coated on a Repulpable paper carrier
Water soluble adhesive double side coated on a Repulpable paper carrier
Flying splice tape with Slit liner for high speed paper splicing
Tape used in paper manufacturing industries, to attach an already machine threaded paper reel to the new paper reel.
Strong tack and excellent thermal resistance.Used in paper mills and printing plants.
Repulpable hole patch tape for repairing holes in web for paper mills